Wednesday, April 20, 2016

70s/80s FIGURES I WANT: MORK W/EGGSHIP


I first got Mork (w/Egg) from Santa at my Dad's Christmas Party in like 1978/79. It was also the Christmas I got my first Star Wars toys; C-3PO and Luke's Speeder. So 3PO and Mork would cruise around together, eventually fighting Greedo, Hammerhead, Snaggletooth and Walrus Man (which my mom bought me at Sears on Rockville Pike in MD).

There's a chance I may still have Mork somewhere, buried in my parents' attic, but I'm pretty sure the Egg ship was lost decades ago. I'd like to get replacements. Actually, I need 2 Morks - one needs to go in the Speeder with C-3PO!


Bonus Pics:

^ wait, they made this ornament?! 
* runs to eBay *

^ I need a toy of this car for the Mork figure!

2 comments:

Bubbashelby said...

My Dad was part of the Hot-Rod circuit back in the mid eighties. I was just perusing some old car show programs at his house the other day and while I did not see a Morkmobile in the particular issues I was looking at I did see a Pac-Man car, a Sanford & Sons super modified tow truck, and a show car built for Bo Derrick for the movie '10'. Basically back in the day they would make a car (usually a Barris Kustom) to promote, well, anything and everything. There's a picture of me somewhere at my parent's house behind the wheel of K.I.T.T., and I also once met Twiki at a car show. The eighties were a mad decade in so many ways.

Brian said...

I also introduced Mork into my Star Wars universe.At first his eggship was used instead of the escape pod in The Land of the Jawas.Then he became a regular at the Creature Cantina.Then he began showing up at the Death Star.He always managed to make Darth Vader look like a fool and easily saved the day for the rebels.I totally enjoyed mashing up the toy lines of Star Wars, Micronauts,Buck Rogers,Flash Gordon and Battlestar Galactica.