Friday, August 15, 2014

WONDER WOMAN ART STATUES


I'm really digging some of the WONDER WOMAN ART STATUES. I've posted the 4 I like best. There's a part of me that would love to devote a shelf to just this line of statues....


My favorite is the armored one (3rd from the left), based on Cliff Chiang's delightful artwork. I'm tempted to pre-order it....


I've always liked Wonder Woman and she has a special place in my heart. I loved the 70s TV show as a child (not realizing then how campy it was), and my very first comic I ever bought was issue 254 (vol 1) at age 3. I would stare at the cover and interior for hours, unable to read at the time. Wonder Woman had a profound impact on my life...


* For decades, from childhood into college, I would always draw triangle weapons and limbs "chopped off" cleanly... it was almost a tic. I could never explain it and the mystery perplexed me.Then when I was in my late-20s I found my old original copy of Wonder Woman #254 and had a "holy shit" epiphany moment.

** My Wonder Woman #254 was purchased off a beat-up spinner rack at BARBARIAN BOOKS (original location) in Wheaton, MD in 1978. Any Maryland readers remember that store?!

No comments: