Friday, August 22, 2014

BACHALO LOVES STRIPES

^ from an issue of Uncanny X-Men (vol 3)

Why is that foreground S.H.I.E.L.D. agent also wearing Cyclops' new costume? Or is this just another case of Bachalo going crazy again with his stripes he loves so much?

....Now, before anyone jumps down my throat, know that I love Chris Bachalo art. While often hit-or-miss, when it hits it's delicious. I instantly became a Bachalo fan in the early 90s with his Shade the Changing Man, Death mini-series and Generation X.  I have a separate section in my comic collection devoted to just miscellaneous Bachalo....

Here's some more Bachalo Stripe Lovin':



The current Stripe X-Team:



Even his swords have stripes!



I'm almost convinced Bachalo designed Ninja Psyclocke back in the 90s (kidding!) 


He also likes circles and those little "plug" extrusions:
 
 


Then there's the love affair with that one costume he likes to reuse:
 ^ female costume reuse via Rich Johnston

1 comment:

Andrew Glazebrook said...

This reminds me of my hate for battle armour in PC/Console games and it's concept artwork, there's always some high tech interlinking armour for some futuristic marine, but it's covered in lights, lights around the helmet, elbow joints, knee joints, chest plate, making then an easy target for a sniper, it's become a look that's now dated real quick !!