Wednesday, January 29, 2014

AMAZON DOUCHES

 I don't understand why some people on Amazon.com price their shit crazy high. For example, this guy is selling his copies of 'Star Trek vs Legion of Superheroes' #5 (Allred variant cover) for fucking $1,025.00. That the eff, bro? The book can be found elsewhere for $5-10. So why the ridiculous markup? I've seen other similar massive markups on amazon and don't get it. But I know that I'll never buy anything from World's Most Expensive Comics and Toys, on principle alone.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

There are people who sell DVDs and Blu Rays at similarly ridiculous prices. Well, they list them anyway. I can't see anyone actually paying these prices

Anonymous said...

Dan Rutter explains it all.

The short story is it's all computers battling other computers. If you actually buy one at $1025, they'll buy one from someone else selling it for $1000, and then send it on to you.

The only way to win is not to play.

Randallw said...

Thanks for that. I recall reading it before but I'd forgotten about it. I collect WW2 Tank books, and one book I found after a long search for $33 Is going on Amazon for over $500. Buying them new is cheaper than used copies. I assumed the sellers were just looking for suckers who didn't know any better.