Wednesday, August 07, 2013

BIG OLE HONKIN' VENOM

This badboy came out in the early 90s - he's like 15" tall or so. Back then I was still riding the high of Venom because he was still considered a McFarlane character and was cool. Then he changed into a ridiculous character with crazy drool, teeth and looooong whipping tongue (can I blame Larsen for this?) and I stopped liking the character. Funny that McFarlane's version wasn't over-the-top enough. Anyway, I still have mine - he's pretty cool, despite the misleading packaging... he does not have "super action poses" unless raising his arms up over his head and/or rotating a leg straight out is considered "super action".

2 comments:

IsuzuGeek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
IsuzuGeek said...

Yup, I had that big figure. Sold it years ago, shouldn't have, cause it is damn cool!! Do you remember the banned Venom fig that said "I want to eat your brain" when you pressed the button on his back? Had one of those too...sold it, like an idiot. :/