Tuesday, January 24, 2012

LEGO RELIANT

by Christer Nyberg, who posts:
"In late 2010 I decided to combine my two geek loves, LEGO and Star Trek. There is not a lot of good Star Trek MOCs on the net, there's some really cool micro-scale stuff but not much in the large category. I realised quickly that it would be impossible to contruct a large scale USS Enterprise using pure LEGO, so I had to look for another ship. The USS Reliant from Wrath of Khan is much more compact and less spindly, so it seemed a suitable candidate. Many bricklink orders and bricks later (and over a year of prototyping and building) here she is! I have not counted the pieces (my sanity is grateful!) but I would estimate somewhere in the 10-15k range."

*dedicated to SpaceJase (LEGO fanatic) and Grayson (Child of Khan)

1 comment:

Jason Garrett said...

I want a Lego Defiant, and Captain Sisko, and Enterprise-E... Surely Lego would at least make as much $$$ off of Trek as they have with the Pirates franchise!