Thursday, January 29, 2009

WATCHMEN HALLOWEEN COSTUMES

By Alan Moore's Beard!!! Look at these fucking horrible WATCHMEN halloween costumes! I....I...I'm without words! They're a mockery of everything fans and that book stands for (too much?) DC... Warner Bros.... whomever... you are fucking godless whores.

By the way, Unkiedev sent these to me a few days ago, which caused my week-long illness of misery that is still in effect. Thanks, man.

oh, and here's another poster:
While cool, it still makes me think of the Ninja Turtle posters:

4 comments:

Unkiedev said...

I thought of that Turtle Poster, too. Hollywood sure has many an original idea. And feel better fast, dude!

allen etter said...

CHEESE!

Johannes Almborg said...

I had the same thoughts

Cynical Sam said...

Warner Bros. has dropped the ball over the last few years with their Halloween merchandising. Their adult deluxo-Dark Knight costume which retailed for over $400.00 was a clunky mess, and their Joker masks were, well...a joke.

'Having wholesale contacts, I realize that they sell the licensing rights to companies such as Rubies, (who are to blame for the design, and their prototypes at the trade shows are rarely as good as the final product,) but Warner Bros. should at least have some sort of final say in quality control, AND THE CHOICE OF MODELS !!! *( note: the Comedian pictured above IS from the PLUS-SIZE packaging, but the costume still sucks.)

They have to realize that the adult fans ARE willing to lay out the big bucks for a quality product. Unfortunately, with what I've seen so far, I recommend that fans check out any of the dedicated cosplay companies on
E-bay to see what they come up with over the next few months, ...or guys can hit the gym, shave their heads, buy a speedo and paint themselves blue.
Your date will cheerfully hold your wallet. Oh and don't forget to order at least one Manhattan at the bar.

-Cynical Sam