Friday, November 07, 2008

I HATE HOLLYWOOD

Spielberg and Will Smith are set to do a Hollywood remake of the Korean film OLD BOY. There's simply no way they will have the balls to adapt this while keeping the dark edge of the original. Nor improve upon it (Will Smith?? please.) And really? Is this a movie that needs to be remade? No.

This added to Spielberg venturing into outsourcing films to India.... way to support the people in your Industry, dick.

Fuck it, I now hope someone else starts grunting out remakes of "Close Encounters", "Jaws", "E.T.", and any other Spielberg film.

Douchebag.

Hey, if you havent' seen it yet, go rent OLD BOY today!

2 comments:

Rob said...

Perhaps a Bollywood remake of Jurassic Park is in order.

Paul said...

I remember hearing Tom Cruise was going to adapt Old Boy. I'm not sure if that's better.

Imagine Old Boy with an "A.I." happy ending. Yeah, no thanks.