Wednesday, November 12, 2008

ABRAMS' ENTERPRISE

Well, here's the ENTERPRISE from Abrams' upcoming Trek re-envistioning! I dig it and happy he stuck with the classic ship, instead of coming up with something completely new.

Entertainment Weekly reports:
Abrams wanted to take the original TV-series Enterprise and the movie-franchise Enterprise and fuse them together into a new yet familiar Enterprise. His ambition was a ship that felt very realistic, that could stand up to today's F/X standards -- and beyond. "If you're going to do Star Trek, there are many things you cannot change. The Enterprise is a visual touchstone for so many people. So if you're going to do the Enterprise, it better look like the Enterprise, because otherwise, what are you doing?"

3 comments:

Andrew Glazebrook said...

I'm not overly fussed on this, but as I say on my blog it might grow on me like the Enterprise D did !!

allen etter said...

I'm liking it...this is the first movie I've been excited about in a long time...

Frank Gillespie said...

My only critique is that the saucer seems to be set awfully far back. I’m happy with it overall. I was nervous about any update but feel a little more at ease now.