Tuesday, September 02, 2008

PREACHER SHOW DEAD

ah, crap. HBO has dropped the PREACHER mini-series, which was to be a pretty hardcore faithful adaptation.

Mark Steven Johnson was helming the project and says, "We were budgeting and everything and it was getting really close to going," Johnson told The Continuum. "But the new head of HBO felt it was just too dark and too violent and too controversial. Which, of course, is kind of the point!

"It was a very faithful adaptation of the first few books, nearly word for word. They offered me the chance to redevelop it but I refused. I've learned my lesson on that front and I won't do it again. So I'm afraid it's dead at HBO.

Boo. Then again, Johnson is the guy behind the Daredevil and Ghost Rider movies, so perhaps this is a godsend. Although, the way he tells it, they were going to stay very faithful and I think he wasn't going to be directing any of the episodes... just spearheading the project getting made by HBO. Oh well.... he says he's now looking to Hollywood to make Preacher into movies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i guess anything that has NOTHING TO DO WITH SitC ,
with that GUNGAN sarah jessica parker , is dead in the water then =/

GET ME THE CORINTHIAN dammit =[

*cries*