Thursday, September 11, 2008

DARK STALLONE RETURNS

*Click on image to enlarge for a better looksee*

Over at Cinematical, FRANK MILLER geekdreamed about a DARK KNIGHT RETURNS movie and said he envisions SYLVESTER STALLONE in the role. He said, "Just that mouth of his, the scowl and the way it would look in a mask. I loved "Rocky Balboa". This wounded warrior, that's what Batman is in Dark Knight Returns. "

Whoa.... um, really??

I guess I can see it, based on Miller's tastes... I don't like it, but I can picture it. Stallone would have to be in his A-Game to have a chance of pulling it off; Rocky, Copland...um... I guess I pictured more of a beefed up Unforgiven-Clint-Eastwood-type. It doesn't really matter... there's no DKR movie in the works - Miller was just geeking.

What are your thoughts?
Who would you want?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Did you enlarge that image and check it out?
I'm kinda proud of the pics I lined up! Dork!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pic, Jim. Well done!

Awright, hear me out. DKR was originally published in 1986. That was the timeframe of Stallone's peak of popularity with Rambo: First Blood PTII, Rocky IV and Cobra (don't knock Cobra).

This was before Over The Top, Cliffhanger, Demolitian Man, Judge Dredd, etc etc. where Sly became a cartoon parody of himself. In '86 Stallone was still the Man and a total badass and rad. So timewarp back to '86 and envision Stallone as an older, badass warhorse in the DKR cowl.

Maybe? It's a stretch.

Anonymous said...

oh yes, that would be amazing!

Anonymous said...

Kurt Russell has bulked up quite a bit as the years have passed. He'd be pretty good.

Or Ernest Borgnine. He's cheaper. ;)

Anonymous said...

Demo-man rocks..
Don't lump it in with those othere,

and I bet the director of Judge Dread thought the same thing about the stalone-mouth jawline..
that worked out well.

Anonymous said...

Just let Nicholson reprise his role as the Joker!

Anonymous said...

I get what you're saying, dr lazarus. I can KIND OF see it...