Wednesday, April 18, 2007

BLASPHEMY AGAINST GALACTUS

"A million and more alien eyes look upon him who is Galactus,
and for each race the vision differs."
------
Man, I fucking love GALACTUS. FUCKING. LOVE. He's one of the best character designs to come out of the late great JACK KIRBY'S godly imagination. Seeing what they did to the Fantastic Four in that crap movie was insulting. Seeing what Ellis did to Galactus in the poopstain "Ultimate Galactus" series was bad, too. But now... Goddamnit All.... in the FF sequel, he will appear as.... wait for it.... a large storm. Ooooooh, the imagination! JIMSMASH!!!

5 comments:

Frank Gillespie said...

Jim, Did you create that live action shot or was that a concept that never got the green light?

Jim said...

Its from the Marvel Ultimate Alliance video game... here's where I found it: http://kungfurodeo.com/2006/09/27/marvel-ultimate-alliance-screen-captures/

It looks good, doesn't it? I think if done right, Galactus would totally work in live action. The film just needs to have that element of the fantastical, which it should anyway, I think.

spaceJASE said...

Jim have you picked up MUA for your PSP yet?
I made 4 extra characters for you to play with!

Hawkeye
Ronin
Captain Marvel
Black Widow

Go Play NOW!

(OK I didn't make them all, btu my team did!)

Frank Gillespie said...

I think it looks awesome! I think Galactus could be done either by CGI or even forced perspective(isn’t that the name of the technique Peter Jackson used in LOTR when he wasn't using CGI?). All the movie really needs is a soul. And therein lies the problem…

Lisa said...

Purple clouds are so menacing! I know I always cower in fear of the purple clouds. The world-eater should be represented by a large and oh-so-frightening purple cloud.

Note the sarcasm? Bahhh - they're CLEARLY going to ruin another FF movie.