Thursday, February 22, 2007

NEW NIN ALBUM - COMING SOON

Trent Reznor is set to release a new NINE INCH NAILS album April 17, entitled "YEAR ZERO". The first song, "Survivalism" released is now getting radio play. I've only heard it a couple of times, but so far I'm digging it. Its a bit diff't from his previous works, which isn't necessarily a bad thing as his last two albums have been lacking. I still cannot warm up to "WITH TEETH" (it has its moments, but overall its blah and overtly simple in its structure). Anyway, you can check out the new song on MySpace. It feels like one foot is in "Perfect Drug" era NIN and another in a weird industrial-punk-esque boot. There's a 'blip' used throughout the song which I'm not digging. I appreciate the effort, but in the end I find it distracting and slightly annoying. Regardless, I plan on listening to the song often & will run to the music store April 17. I love you, Trent.

Here's the song list of "YEAR ZERO":
01. hyperpower!
02. the beginning of the end
03. survivalism
04. the good soldier
05. vessel
06. me, i'm not
07. capital g
08. my violent heart
09. the warning
10. god given
11. meet your master
12. the greater good
13. the great destroyer
14. another version of the truth
15. in this twilight

No comments: