Friday, February 09, 2007

GHOST RIDER: NO SCREENING

So GHOST RIDER is not being screened to Critics prior to the theatrical release. Which usually means its a big ole turd. I wasn't expecting a GREAT film... I mean, its Ghost Rider, Nicholas Cage, by the Daredevil director and a February release. But Ghost Rider has never been a good comic, really (name some great GR comics.... exactly). Yet the character has survived through the decades. Reading Ghost Rider has never been about the STORY (for me atleast). I dig Ghost Rider and pick up the book (occassionally) for 2 reasons only: The Premise and The rad visuals. I mean, the Spirit of Vengeance personified as a biker from Hell riding on a bitchin chopper with a skull on fire battling evil fucks and demons! Yeah!

I'm still hoping the movie is fun. Good? No. But fun nonetheless. From what I've seen, it looks like they've successfully thrown the comic up onto the Big Screen. I'm still hoping for a fun ride. I've heard alot of complaints about the FX. For me the LIVE ACTION stuff is hurting the film. Imagine the whole movie done in the CG you've seen and with an R-Rating. It'd be an awesome animated movie, I think. Oh well, I'm still going to go see it. Like I said, its GHOST RIDER. What are you really expecting?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Note: Daredevil SUCKED. However, the Director's Cut is much much better! He actually CUT down the amount of Jennifer Garner scenes! Read my super short review here and go rent it.

2 comments:

Frank Gillespie said...

I just watched DD Director's cut last weekend. I thought it moved alot slower than it needed to. But with that being said, you are right: it's a much better story.

As for Ghost Rider...I loved reading that comic in the 70's when i was growing up. Even the newer series in the 90's wasn't as bad as it could of been. But seriously, Nicholas Cage?

Jim said...

I think the best part of DD is the long flashback of him training as a kid and being with his dad. Then few comic moments of DD running around rooftops and beating people up. Other than that.....

Yeah, Cage as Ghost Rider?
I guess it could have been worse, but still.