Wednesday, January 24, 2007

SHARK ATTACK SURVIVAL

Holy crapola! Eric Nerhus, an Australian diver, survived a Great White Shark attack after being halfway down its throat, head first! “I’ve never felt fear like it til I was inside those jaws, with those teeth getting dragged across my body. I went straight into its mouth, front onwards. My shoulders, my head and one arm went straight down into its throat. I could feel the teeth crunching up and down on my weight vest.”

He was collecting abalone when the shark struck, knocking the oxygen regulator from his mouth and leaving him inside the shark’s open jaws and throat.

“I put my left arm down the side of its face because my head and shoulders and right arm were right down in its throat. Half my body was in its mouth. I felt down to the eye socket with my stiff fingers. I poked my fingers into the eye socket, which the shark reacted to in a way that it opened its mouth a bit, and I just tried to wriggle out,” he said.

As he pulled his head from the shark’s mouth, it crushed his goggles against his face, leaving Nerhus with a broken nose. He estimated he was in the shark’s grip for up to two minutes. Once free, he grabbed his regulator for air and began to surface slowly, worried the shark circling him would attack again. “It was just circling around my flippers, around and around in tight circles,” he said. “As I was coming up out of the water, it was coming up under my legs.”

4 comments:

Jim said...

my biggest nightmare is where I see myself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at me.... Why am I the only one who has that dream?

Anonymous said...

Sweet Gerkins son! You'd better call that cave-man dude from the GEICO comercial get the ph# and make an apointement with that shrink!

Rich said...

Most of that seems pretty normal... except for the 'nightmare' part... and the 'little pickles'.

Hmmmm

Jim said...

"Real Genius" quote, baby!

I'm surprised no one called me out on it... Dylan?!!