Monday, January 29, 2007

SAM RAIMI HOBBIT ?

There's some heavy rumors that Sony is considering hiring SAM RAIMI to direct THE HOBBIT. Sounds fucking awful to me. I mean, if they're not going to hire Peter Jackson (dumbdumbdumb idea) then don't even make the movie to begin with. BUT, if they simply must make the movie without him (what-ever), then hire someone more fitting to the material. My vote would go towards GUILLERMO DEL TORO. If you've seen PAN'S LABYRINTH, then you know what I mean. If you haven't seen it, go see it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sam is the Man !! Both his and Peter Jackson's careers started along the same path of low budget Horror flicks before they both went into the main stream of Big Budget. I'd say Sam is a good choice if Peter ain't doing it and after the debacle that was King Kong maybe Peter should go back to something a bit lower budget for a while !

Jim said...

I totally agree with you that Sam is the Man and that King Kong sucked. However, I just don't see Sam doing The Hobbit justice.

Anonymous said...

I agree. I like Sam,..But after seeing his Spider-Man Movies (which were good,..but not Great),..I just don't think his style suits something along the lines of The Hobbit