Friday, January 26, 2007

HERO OF THE DAY: NELL HAMM

Today's "HERO OF THE DAY" goes to 65 yr old NELL HAMM who single-handedly saved her husband's life by fighting off a Mountain Lion with her bare, warrior hands! The couple, who celebrate their 50th Wedding Anniversary next month, were hiking in Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park (SF) when the lion pounced on ole Jim! "He didn't scream," she said, "It was a different, horrible plea for help, and I turned around, and by then the cat had wrestled Jim to the ground." Nell, invoking the Warrior Princess Spirit, grabbed a 4-inch-wide log and unleashed hell upon the beast! Unfortunately, the lion wouldn't budge or release Jim's head from its jaws! "Jim was talking to me all through this, and he said, 'I've got a pen in my pocket and get the pen and jab him in the eye,'" she said. "So I got the pen and tried to put it in his eye, but it didn't want to go in as easy as I thought it would." When the pen bent and became useless, Nell went back to using the Log of Crom. The lion eventually let go and, with blood on its snout, stood staring at the woman. She screamed and waved the log until the animal walked away. Jim suffered from a torn scalp, puncture wounds and other injuries, but is recovering nicely.

(article)

*Damn, Nell was 15 when she got married! Jim was 20! Naughty Jim!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read this article on my Wii News Channel at home on my TV. WOO!

Anonymous said...

I hate when that happens! OOH!