Wednesday, January 31, 2007

GREEN LANTERNS RULE

Man, I'm really digging the GREEN LANTERN books right now! I've always thought the premise was cool, but the characters, art and stories either bored me and/or came off as too silly. But right now, for the first time, they're fun, cool and interesting; still not quite where I'd like em, but no complaints!

Above are my favorite Green Lanterns. Sure, they're pretty much all the main players, but there are a few I left out that I don't dig (*coughG'Mortcough*). I will say, that alot of my current geeky enjoyment of the characters and books rely heavily on the ART. Above: Clockwise, starting Top-Left: Hal Jordan, Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner, Alan Scott, Kilowog, Soranik Natu, John Stewart and Salaak. I'm also starting to like rookie R’Amey Holl (pic right) who made her first appearance 2 issues ago in GLC#7.

Recommended GL Reading:
Green Lantern: Emerald Twilight & New Dawn eh/ok - but sets up "Rebirth" - Hal's city gets nuked by a villain & he goes crazy, fighting his way through the Corps to get more power with their rings to bring the city back! The Corps are destroyed! - then the intro of Kyle Rayner's character.
Green Lantern: Rebirth The Return & Redemption of Hal Jordan! Soooo many cool moments in this one!
Green Lantern Corps: Recharge The Corps are brought back! Guy Gardner becomes a great character!
Green Lantern: Revenge of the Green Lanterns Some of Hal's past comes back to haunt him!
Green Lantern Vs ALIENS Simply "What If?" fun. Its Green Lantern mooshed into the first 2 ALIEN movies.

Here's a big group shot of the Corps from years past:

No comments: