Monday, December 04, 2006

MOVIE-RELATED CRAP

7 Quick Movie-Related Snippets that Pissed Me Off:

1) The Sci-Fi channel is remaking the Wizard of Oz. Blasphemy!

2) Eddie Murphy is going to reprise his role of Axel Foley and do Beverly Hills Cop 4. Why?

3) They are making a remake of POLTERGEIST. Wait, it gets better - its going to be a SHOT-FOR-SHOT remake. ARGH!!!!

4) They are making Starship Troopers 3. I guess Tippet's ST2 wasn't bad enough. This doesn't piss me off so much as just shakes my head at the lack of good ideas in Hollywood.

5) They are making a remake of SHORT CIRCUIT. Yes, Johnny-5 is alive again.... unfortunately. Too bad they can't do UNmakes.

6) Lindsey Lohan may play Stevie Nicks in an upcoming biopic. Why does this waste-o-space keep getting work? Does she actually have fans out there who enjoy watching her... what the hell does she do again?

7) Pixar's CARS. Finally saw this (on the plane) and was sorely disappointed. Worst Pixar movie ever. They seem to be falling into Disney's pit of cliche, predictable, formulaic storytelling. Boo.
(Sorry Melchy & Jason)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm clueless why la Lohan gets parts. I'm tired of her, and I've only seen like 2 of her movies.

Anonymous said...

you saw cars on the plane......:( Even Star Wars and dare i say Aliens would suck on the plane. by far one of PIxars best. Right up there with toy story2 and monsters inc....

Anonymous said...

People love Cars! I like the landscapes. Maybe the digital and big screen help...

Andrew Glazebrook said...

I don't mind them doing the 'Wizard of Oz'. After all it's a book and was filmed twice before the 1939 Judy Garland version. One version made in 1925 has Oliver Hardy as the Tin Man. The other one was made in 1910 I believe. It would be naff if they remade the musical,but adapting the book or doing a version like 'The Wiz' did I don't have so much problem with.
But I do have a big problem with them remaking Poltergeist and Short Circuit,they were original screenplays for those films,and doing shot for shot remakes pisses me off even more !!!
I didn't mind 'Cars',just think that Cars aren't the best thing to make into characters,they serve no function without a person to drive them !!

Anonymous said...

I just saw Cars on DVD (up-rezzed on a HD-set so not airplane quality, but not movie screen either).. and fell asleep during it, so no worries here.. Felt it was very Doc Hollywood predictable. Best thing about it was the camera movements, very natural, and convey speed, which is generally hard to do.

Yeah.. poo on Poltergeist, the first is near-perfect. Wizard of Oz could be cool if they twisted it.. ala American McGee's OZ.

Troopers one was pretty cool, but if you've never seen the 2nd.. OH man.. it's worse than any sci-fi original movie by 100 fold..
Looks like a home movie.. Course it was made for 0 money.. but still, it's definitely one of the few experiences I'd like to erase from my brain.

Mr. Legs said...

I hate whoever's behind this shot for shot remake of Poltergeist!

The thought of them remaking the shot of the beast coming out of the closet in CG makes me want to curl up and sob....

PUPPETS IN WATER DAMMIT!

PUPPETS IN WATER!!!!