Tuesday, September 12, 2006

STAR WARS TUESDAY

Today is Star Wars Tuesday! We have 2 goodies on the shelves today to further line Lucas' pockets! Woo Hoo!

1) Star Wars LEGOs II - kickass video game, check it out!
2) The original theatrical release versions of the original Star Wars Trilogy! Meaning no Special Edition bullshit!

Of course, Lucas being the stubborn man that he is, is only making them available as a bonus disc to the re-re-release of the Special Editions. God damnit. At first I was going to encourage everyone to go out and buy yet another SW dvd set (theatrical) to show Lucas that more people wanted the theatrical than the special editions. How cool would it have been for it to totally outsell the crappy SE? But no, he has to package them together. Why? Cause he KNOWS the theatrical would outsell and he's unwilling to acknowledge that is the version the fans prefer. So now that he's packaged them together, I say screw it. You can easily find bootleg versions of the laserdisc converted onto dvd or you'll soon be able to find bootlegs of this release - at the same quality. Only thing you'll miss out on? Shelling out another $60 and craptastic intro-to-photoshop dvd covers.

JIMSMASH!

4 comments:

spaceJASE said...

I got me thee lego game today for my 360.
WOO WOO WOO!

Andrew Glazebrook said...

I put a link to you on my Blog !!

el maléfico doctor Bob said...

I hate George Lucas, WTF does he think I am, rich?

Keep the good job in your blog mr. jim

Jim said...

thanks, andrew! sweet!