Wednesday, August 30, 2006

REVENGE OF THE REMAKE

I've bashed it before, but the poster is now upon us - the stupid unnecessary remake of REVENGE OF THE NERDS. God, its times like this I'm ashamed to be apart of the Hollywood machine. I'd go off on why this is a stupid idea, but I think John said it best:
"I think this is a stupid idea because "Nerds" doesn't mean what it used to mean. Times have changed... the term "nerd" doesn't carry the same stigma that it used to back in the glorious 80's. The thing is... way back when Revenge of the Nerds was out... we could associate with it. We either were those characters on screen... or we certainly knew them. The "Nerd" back then, is a slightly different creature than what is a "Nerd" today... and so is how they're looked at and treated (just in my opinion). I'm not saying it's TOTALLY different now... but different nonetheless. I'm just not sure a movie like this can connect with the audience the same way the original did. To be honest... all this poster does is make me want to run out and rent the original Revenge of the Nerds."
Yeah, what he said!
JIMSMASH!!
Go rent the original REVENGE OF THE NERDS this weekend!
It's still fantastic!!
---------------------
(quote source)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I'll probably have to see it just to hate it.