Wednesday, February 08, 2006

ALIEN 5: WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN

This morning a very deep wound was reopened. In an interview with James Cameron on Aint-It-Cool-News, he brought up again the missed opportunity of having him do ALIEN 5. Yes, it's a little known fact that it almost happened. Cameron and Ridley Scott wanted to team up and make ALIEN 5; Cameron as writer/producer, Scott as director.

"Ridley and I talked about doing another ALIEN film and I said to 20th Century Fox that I would develop a 5th ALIEN film. I started working on a story, I was working with another writer and Fox came back to me and said, "We've got this really good script for ALIEN VS PREDATOR and I got pretty upset. I said, "You do that you're going to kill the validity of the franchise in my mind." Because to me, that was FRANKENSTEIN MEETS WEREWOLF. It was Universal just taking their assets and starting to play them off against each other... Milking it. So, I stopped work."

Can you believe that bullshit? You have James Cameron and Ridley Scott, the first 2 ALIEN directors, saying they will make ALIEN 5, and instead the Studio goes ahead with the abomination that is AVP?? I want to throttle someone. Cameron has now said, since AVP was released, was so fucking horrible and destroyed the Series, he has no plans to return to the ALIEN franchise.

I would continue to post about this, but its too difficult to see through the waterfall of tears pouring out of my red puffy eyes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

why did you have to tell me that? wasn't alien 3, alien 4 and avp bad enough? now I have to go through life knowing what could have been!